48-HOUR RIDE Fundraising Contest
Fly away to the destination of your choice with WestJet!
Sign up at 48hourride.ca to start fundraising early for your chance to win one round trip flight for two guests to any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination*!
Eligibility for Entry:
- Fundraise $500 on or before August 25th, 2017 and you will receive two ballots for the contest
- Fundraise $750 on or before September 8th, 2017 and you will receive three ballots for the contest
- Fundraise $1000 on or before September 17th, 2017 and you will receive five ballots for the contest
Contest closes on September 24th 2017.
The Winner will be drawn on September 25th 2017, and announced same day. You will find the winners information on our Facebook event page, our website and our newsletter.
*No purchase or registration necessary. Contest opens at 12:01 AM EST on August 16, 2017 and closes at 11:59 p.m. EST on September 24th, 2017.Open to age-of-majority residents of Canada at the time of entry. One prize consisting of one voucher for one round-trip flight for two guests to any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination. (Maximum potential retail value of $2,900 CAD - actual value will depend on destination chosen and time of booking from originating city. No cash value). Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Skill-testing question required.
– Fundraising Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
FUNDRAISING CONTEST (herein referred to as the “Contest”) is intended to be conducted in Canada by (“”- herein after referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”) and WestJet, an Alberta Partnership (herein after referred to as the “Prize Supplier”), and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. Contest is void in whole or in part outside of Canada and where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation in this Contest constitutes each entrant’s acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by, these Contest Rules.
- Eligibility: To be eligible, you must be a resident of Canada over the age of majority in your province of residence as at the Contest Starting Date. Employees, representatives and agents of the Contest Sponsor, Prize Supplier its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, common law spouse, mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- The Contest Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest (i.e. valid Government ID). Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeframe specified by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry (as defined below) or entrant, in its sole discretion, should any entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- CONTEST PERIOD
The contest starts on 12:01 AM August 16, 2017 (the “Contest Starting Date”) and closes on 11:59 PM September 24, 2017 (the “Contest Closing Date”).
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
There are two (2) ways to earn an Entry (Entry) in the Contest, as follows:
If you are not a participant you must first register, by going to www.48hourride.ca (the “Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to register for the 48-Hour Ride – 11th Edition (“48-Hour Ride”). Once you have fully completed the registration form with all required information, follow the on-screen instructions to complete your registration (the “Registration”).
You will not receive any Entries for the act of completing your Registration.
- Eligibility for Entry:
- Fundraise $500.00 on or before August 25, 2017,11:59 PM and you will receive two ballots for the contest,
- Fundraise $750.00 on or before September 8, 2017, 11:59 PM and you will receive three ballots for the contest.
- Fundraise $1000.00 on or before September 17th, 2017 11:59 PM and you will receive five ballots for the contest.
- To obtain one (1) Entry in the Contest without fundraising, without making a donation and/or without registering for 48-Hour Ride, you must print your first name, last name, telephone number, complete mailing address (including postal code), age and signature on a plain white piece of paper and mail it (in an envelope with sufficient Canadian postage) along with a 100 word essay (the “Sentence”) on the importance of 48-Hour Ride to: Telephone: , Fax Number: . Charitable Registration Number: . ATTN: Fundraising Contest (the “Request”). Upon receipt of your Request in accordance with these Contest Rules, you will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest per unique and original Sentence per envelope with sufficient Canadian postage. To be eligible, any Request you send must: (i) be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient Canadian postage (i.e. multiple Requests in the same envelope will be void); and (ii) be post-marked during the Contest Period and received by no later than September 24, 2017, 11:59 PM . The Released Parties (as defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, illegible, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Requests (all of which are void).
HOW TO SUBMIT ONLINE DONATIONS
To be eligible to count towards your total fundraising (the “Amount”) for the purposes of this Contest, all donations (the “Donation(s)”) you fundraise and/or make in relation to this Contest must be completed ONLINE through your account on the Website during the Contest Period. For any Donations received offline, you have one of the following two (2) choices:
- THE PRIZE
There will be one (1) Prize (the “Voucher”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) roundtrip flights for two (2) guests to any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination. The Prize is subject to the following conditions:
- This exclusive Voucher number includes all base air travel fees, taxes and surcharges and is valid on any regularly scheduled WestJet marketed and operated flight. This Voucher does not include optional fees such as checked baggage or cabin upgrades. ***Please book early to maximize your flight options.
- This Voucher is limited and subject to promotional space availability of eligible fare options and flight schedule. Not all flights have promotional space. This Voucher is not valid for redemption on WestJet Vacations’ packages, interline, code-share or charter flights.
- This Voucher is good for one (1) roundtrip flight for two (2) guests to any regularly scheduled and marketed WestJet destination. All guests must travel together on the same itinerary, dates and flights.
- Flights must be roundtrip to and from the same locations. Flights must depart from city A to city B and return from city B to city A.
- This Voucher cannot be used on some dates, including statutory holidays and peak travel dates. A current list of blackout dates is available by contacting 1-877-768-8395.
- All bookings and travel must be completed by November 1, 2018
- ‘Gift of flight’ Vouchers cannot be extended. Additionally, changes to travel dates or guest names are not permitted once a booking has been confirmed.
- Bookings made with a ‘gift of flight’ Voucher are not eligible for paid upgrades, such as Plus seating, except where the option to pay for an upgrade is available when checking in for the flight 24 hours prior to departure.
- This Voucher becomes null and void if travel is cancelled once a booking is confirmed.
- The individual booking the flight must be over the age of majority in their province.
- This Voucher must be taken as offered and is not redeemable for cash.
- This Voucher cannot be sold. In the event that it has been sold, this Voucher will become void, and any flight bookings made with it will be cancelled immediately without notice or reimbursement. WestJet does not handle the payment, guarantee transactions, or buyer protection or seller certification, nor will WestJet be liable for the loss of funds resulting from a fraudulent transaction.
- WestJet is not responsible for lost or mishandled Vouchers. Once a Voucher has been delivered to you, you are directly responsible for it.
Prize Voucher Description and Additional Restrictions:
Without limiting the foregoing, the following additional restrictions apply in the case of the Prize Voucher:
The Winner and his/her guest are responsible for transportation to and from the gateway airport and all other expenses not expressly stated as included herein.
Transportation is subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. The Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for all expenses other than those expressly mentioned above as included – other transportation, attractions, merchandise, souvenirs, travel visas and all other personal expenses of any kind. None of the Released Parties (as defined below) are responsible for any delay, postponement, suspension, rescheduling or cancellation, for any reason, of any flight(s) and neither the Winners nor any other person or entity will be compensated in the event of such delay, cancellation or other event described herein. Other restrictions may apply.
The Prize is non-transferable and without limiting the foregoing, the Prize may not be sold or traded, the Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be substituted, redeemed or exchanged for cash, credit or alternative prizes, except in the Prize Suppliers sole discretion. Prize Supplier reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value. No credit or reimbursement will be provided if the Prize is not taken. The Prize cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or offers provided by the Prize Supplier.
Approximate Retail Value: The Voucher has a maximum potential retail value of $2,900 CAD – although the actual value will depend on the destination chosen and time of booking from originating city. Under no circumstances whatsoever will any difference between the actual and approximate retail values be awarded.
The Prize Voucher is subject to all of the terms and conditions as stated by the Prize Supplier and will be delivered to the confirmed Winner directly from the Contest Sponsor to the address provided after the potential Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and has fully complied with these Contest Rules. Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and neither the Contest Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties shall assume any liability whatsoever for a lost, damaged or misdirected Prize. All bookings/confirmations must be made through the Contest Sponsor’s designated representatives or as Contest Sponsor may otherwise direct.
- ELIGIBLE WINNER SELECTION
The Winner shall be selected as follows:
- The odds of being selected as the potential Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest Rules. On September 25, 2017 in Montreal, Quebec at approximately 10:00 AM (the “Draw Date”), a data pull for all eligible Entries will be completed and one (1) potential Winner will be selected by random draw from all eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Contest Rules.
- Following the Draw Date, the Contest Sponsor or its representatives will make no less than three (3) attempts to contact the eligible Winner by phone and/or email, during the ten (10) day period (the “Contact Period”) immediately following the Draw Date. Upon notification, the eligible Winner must respond by telephone and/or email to the contact provided in the notification, and the eligible Winner’s response must be received by the Contest Sponsor by no later than 5:00 PM EDT on the required return date stipulated in such notification. If the eligible Winner does not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, he/she may be disqualified, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, in which event he/she will not receive the Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries, in the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, whom the Contest Sponsor or its representatives will attempt to contact, and who must respond or will be subject to disqualification, in the same manner (adjusting timeframes, including the Contact Period, accordingly). Neither the Contest Sponsor nor any of the Released Parties (as defined below) are responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of an eligible Winner to receive notification or for the Contest Sponsor to receive an eligible Winner’s response.
- Before being declared a confirmed Winner (the “Winner”), the eligible Winner will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question during a pre-arranged telephone call, and comply with the Contest Rules. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. No individual will be declared a winner until the Contest Sponsor officially confirms s/he as the Winner in accordance with the contest rules.
- The Winner and his/her guest will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s and/or guest’s:
- Eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
- Acceptance of the Prize as offered;
- Release of Contest Sponsor, the Prize Supplier and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, unit-holders, agents, sponsors and administrators (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from; and
- Grant to the Contest Sponsor and the Prize Supplier of the unrestricted right, in the Contest Sponsor’s individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof.
- The executed Release must be returned within five (5) business days of the verification as an eligible Winner or the selected potential Winner may, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT
By entering this Contest, each entrant releases and holds each of the Released Parties harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Released Party or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, requests or any Release, or for any telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines on account of technical problems or otherwise.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage caused to any entrant, person or entity relating to or resulting from participating or attempting to participate in the Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive the Prize or any portion thereof. The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor, such as infection by tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these Contest Rules, which will be posted at www.48hourride.ca and available at , throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Contest Sponsor’s, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be:
- Violating the Contest Rules;
- Tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest;
- Acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IN ANY WAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- PRIVACY & USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By participating in the Contest, the entrant:
- grants to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address (the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including, but not limited to, contacting an eligible Winner;
- grants to the Contest Sponsor the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law, and acknowledges that the Contest Sponsor may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Contest Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (a) and (b) above.
https://makeawishqc.ca/our-commitment-you/privacy-policy. This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Contest Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Sponsors/Suppliers and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. 48-Hour Ride, are trademarks of Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Canada.
- TERMINATION AND AMENDMENTS
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to cancel, amend, modify or terminate all or any portion of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent deemed necessary by the Contest Sponsor , for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
- If you have collected offline Donations (e.g. cash and/or cheques payable directly to you), then you may choose to visit the Website during the Contest Period and input the Donations directly through the Website using your credit card. You must input the actual donor’s full name and complete mailing address, along with a valid email address for the donor. If the actual donor’s email address is not available, then you may input your own email address and then forward the tax receipt to the donor.
- Alternatively, any offline Donations that you have collected (e.g. cash and/or cheques payable directly to you or the Contest Sponsor) may be forwarded directly to Contest Sponsor for processing. In such circumstances, however, any such Donations received offline (even if such Donations are subsequently processed and reflected online) and/or processed outside the Contest Period will NOT be counted towards your Amount.
All Donations are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of the validity of any Donation (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification). Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor in a within the timeframe specified by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may result in disqualification of the Donation. In the event of a discrepancy regarding a Donation (including, without limitation, the validity of a Donation to be counted towards a participant’s Amount), the Contest Sponsor will investigate the matter and its decisions in this and all other regards will be final and binding without right of appeal.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entrant to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the entry. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that the entrant is the authorized account holder of a particular e-mail address.
These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Contest Sponsor.